IoT Security Circle 2018
Implementing security into the IoT
This year, the IoT Security Circle organized by the Infineon Security Partner Network (ISPN) will take place at Infineon’s headquarters.
The IoT Security Circle brings together security experts from the ISPN ecosystem with decision makers of companies active in the industrial, building automation, and home appliance markets to share experiences and know-how, learn from each other, and build relationships.
The event offers a unique mix of topics in its two-day program.
Day 1: 21 June 2018, 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
- The conference is kicked off with a keynote by Garth Collier, EMEA Partner Segment Lead – IoT, Amazon Web Services, who will provide inspiring insights into the IIoT security arena.
- Customers and ISPN partners like Atos, Entrust Datacard, Mixed Mode, United Access, Wibu-Systems, and Xilinx will then illustrate successful best practices and demonstrate noteworthy implementations of IoT security technologies in the exhibition area.
- In his demonstration “Embedded Security and Monetization meet IoT”, Stefan Bamberg, Senior Key Account and Partner Manager, will show how security is one of the most challenging topics when designing powerful IoT scenarios. There is the strong need to protect software and firmware against tampering and reverse engineering and to make sure that only authenticated devices are allowed to communicate with each other. Combining such protective measures with novel feature monetization concepts means combining the necessary with the commercially rewarding. The demo focuses on how to realize this approach with CodeMeter technology.
- Stefan will also hold a talk on the importance of “Saving Your Digital Assets with Content Protection”. In the past, access to source code developed for embedded devices was regulated simply by entering passwords. In most cases, these passwords are too simple, too short, or, in the very worst, but all-too-common case, kept on a post-it note somewhere on the user’s desk. The risk for ISVs is very high, as access to the source code by unauthorized persons can lead not only to the loss of intellectual property, but also to attacks by external or internal actors tampering with the code. Globally leading companies like Rockwell Automation, SIEMENS, and CODESYS trust the CodeMeter technology of Wibu-Systems to offer their customers content protection capabilities. The presentation shows the background and some examples from practice.
- Security experts from Accenture, ForgeRock, TÜV IT, and Infineon will discuss the main elements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the needs, challenges, and opportunities raised by this revolutionary regulatory change in data privacy.
- In the evening, attendees will have a chance to join a mid-summer barbecue where they can revisit the highlights of the day in a relaxing atmosphere.
Day 2: 22 June 2018, 8:00 am to 2:30 pm
Participants will be taken by private shuttle bus to Regensburg for a grey room tour of Infineon’s production site.
Experience the “Fourth Industrial Revolution” and see by yourself how IoT technologies, connectivity, and digitally-supported production are deeply transforming the manufacturing floor, saving you costs throughout the entire supply chain, and opening new business avenues.