Embedded World 2020
Embedded World is the most iconic European event for the embedded community. As the digital transformation continues to power ahead, the industry is increasingly exploring security for electronic systems, distributed intelligence, the Internet of Things, e-mobility, and energy efficiency, all facilitated by extreme miniaturization coupled with growing computing power, efficient network communication, and an affordable pricing-performance ratio.
Wibu-Systems is proud to present the many facets of its CodeMeter technology to the international audience coming to the expo from all the corners of the globe to learn and apply the latest technological advances. Once again, we have chosen to be present at multiple spots, so you can seize the full power of our protection, licensing, and security solutions:
Wibu-Systems’ official exhibit: Hall 4, booth 320
At our own main space, we will be presenting the characteristic features introduced with the latest release of CodeMeter, including:
- Support for CodeMeter Cloud: CodeMeter 7 introduces support for CodeMeter Cloud. With CodeMeter Cloud, licenses can be stored and used in the Wibu Cloud. Users or devices can now access their licenses online without having to carry a dongle or manually deactivate licenses beforehand. By selecting the license quantity, the software developer has the power to decide how many devices licenses can be used at the same time and manage connected IoT devices.
- Support for Java 13: CodeMeter 7 includes licensing and protection for applications developed with Java 13.
- Improved binding under Microsoft Azure for Linux guest systems: CodeMeter 6.90 already improved binding for Windows guest systems on Microsoft Azure. Licenses remain valid after moving virtual machines within Microsoft Azure, but they are invalidated when the connected virtual machine is copied or reset to an earlier state. The same functionality is now also available for Linux guest systems with CodeMeter 7.
- IP Protection mode: AxProtector .NET and AxProtector Java now come with the IP Protection Mode from CodeMeter Protection Suite 10.50 onward. This allows applications to be encrypted and provides secure protection against reverse engineering, without any need for a license and without CodeMeter Runtime having to be present on the user’s device. Still, the IP Protection Mode can be combined with licensing via CodeMeter, e.g. to require licenses for certain parts or features of an application, while keeping the remaining parts license-free. The entire application would remain safely protected by its encryption.
- New mode for native libraries: CodeMeter Protection Suite 10.50 introduces a new mode for Dynamic Link Libraries (DLLs) that decrypts protected code only after the first call of an encrypted function. This approach improves compatibility for certain compiler and linker settings.
- .NET with multiple AppDomains: The compatibility of AxProtector .NET with applications using multiple AppDomains has been improved.
- Additionally, Wibu-Systems‘ guests will be introduced to CodeMeter Certificate Vault, our first proprietary certificate management tool destined to bridge the protection and authentication worlds. This PKCS#11 compliant token provider is designed to work perfectly with Microsoft’s Cryptographic API Next Generation (CNG) or OpenSSL API and make it easier for users to handle the secure management of machines’ and operators’ identities in connected sensors, actuators, and PLCs in line with the OPC UA standard.
- Trusted Computing Group exhibit: Hall 1, booth 500
In our digital age, software is the prime target for attacks. Unprotected software can be digitally copied, allowing pirates to sell it for their personal gain and well below its inherent value. In cases where software is linked with a machine or control system, the electronic and mechanical parts may be copied together, allowing attackers to create a counterfeit copy that looks and operates just like the original, but requires just a fraction of the cost to build. Effective protection technologies exist today that encrypt software code and create licenses which can be bound to a secure element in the target system. The software would then run only on the designated machine, device, or embedded system and provide the functionalities associated with the license, safe from any sort of hacking. Complementary license and entitlement management systems allow software-powered businesses to meet their customers’ demands in a granular way and in turn expand their reach across the world.
TCG members Fraunhofer Institute for Secure Information Technology (SIT) and Wibu-Systems will demonstrate solutions for the IIoT and embedded security based on TCG specifications.
As a special highlight, on Feb. 25th, 2.30 pm to 5.00 pm, Cyber Pack Ventures, Cypress, Infineon, and Wibu-Systems will lead a number of sessions focusing on Internet of Things at the WEKA Conference room, NCC East, ground floor. In particular, at 3 pm, you can join Guenther Fischer, our Senior Consultant, Licensing and Protection, for his lecture on Protection Technologies.
Additionally, you can take part in our daily demos at TCG exhibit either at 11 am, at noon or at 1 pm.
Also, Open Systems Media will hold a panel on the Internet of Things featuring Fraunhofer SIT, Infineon, and Wibu-Systems. You can interact with the speakers on Feb 25th, at 1 pm, still at the TCG booth.
- SD Association collective exhibit: Hall 3A, booth 634
Together with ATP, Delkin Devices, Greenliant, Micron, Swissbit, and Western Digital, Wibu-Systems will present its hardware secure elements based on the SD Association’s specifications, namely CmCard/SD and CmCard/microSD. Throughout the event, we will be holding a special daily in-booth seminar from 2.00 pm to 2.30 pm on Leveraging secure license management to grow your business on a global scale. Our speaker will elaborate on how CodeMeter security SD cards and microSD cards combine industrial-grade flash memory and a hardware secure element to provide intelligent device manufacturers with IP protection for their digital assets, cyber security features, and monetization capabilities in brownfield and greenfield applications.
- OSADL collective exhibit: Hall 4, booth 168
Wibu-Systems is affiliated with OSADL, the Open Source Automation Development Lab, with a twofold goal in mind: Helping to monetize digital know-how and raising the quality of our code. At Embedded World, we are joining forces to provide our combined expertise and services to the entire OSADL community.
- Wind River exhibit: Hall 4A, booth 220
Wibu-Systems and Wind River continue to offer a comprehensive turnkey solution for VxWorks 6.8, 6.9, and 7 that encompasses integrity protection, authenticity, IP and copy protection, certificate management, license and entitlement management, and hardware, software, and cloud-based key storage.
For a demonstration of how effective the integration between CodeMeter and VxWorks proves to be, join our specialists at Wibu-Systems' exhibit (hall 4a, booth 220) on February 26, 3.00 pm to 4.00 pm. During the presentation Your passport to IP protection, embedded system integrity, and IoT revenue growth, they will cover all the technical and commercial benefits of the combined solution.
The untrammeled explosion of the amount of data moving between cyber-physical systems is exposing industrial facilities, entire workforces, and vendors to unprecedented risks and cyber-attacks. Recent history shows that these have the potential to destabilize public transportation, telecommunications, and businesses everywhere with frightening frequency. Join us at Embedded World to learn about pragmatic approaches and tangible results you can easily emulate by adopting our holistic vision and multi-purpose technology.