There are countless reasons for why you want to be a partner of Wibu-Systems:
It might be the safety of a long-term investment, or the future-proof solutions, or the dedicated vertical focus, or the close cooperation with the team at all levels.
As if this was not enough, no other vendor has ever produced top-notch technological innovations as Wibu-System has done with unprecedented reliability.
- Wibu-Systems is establishing itself as the frontrunner for security in the increasingly dynamic field of 3D printing and additive manufacturing. With CodeMeter protection technology now fully integrated in the innovative 3D-printable parts and components business pioneered by Daimler for its Daimler and Setra-brand Omnibuses, Wibu-Systems has proven the real-world capabilities of its security technology for protecting both the designs and the billing and printing process.
- Our powerful self-service portal now also supports CmCloudContainers alongside CmDongles and CmActLicenses to let users create licenses themselves with no need for manual support from the vendor. With the option of logging on with a regular username and password combination, this makes the license handling process a comfortable and smooth experience.
- The popular CodeMoving technology, a high-end protection option that lets developers flag particularly sensitive parts of their code to be moved into the secure environs of a CmDongle for execution, now also works with CmCloud. Just like its physical counterpart, the smart card chip on a CmDongle, the CmCloudContainer becomes a black box in which the code is executed, far from the prying eyes of would-be attackers.
- Automatic subscription renewals are made easier through a new combination of the capabilities of CodeMeter License Central and License Portal. On top of renewals bought through or triggered by an ERP system or new time contingents sold through resellers, this adds a third and more comfortable option for renewing license subscriptions.
- Python has experienced a surge in interest among developers and is fast becoming the language of choice for many of the leading technologies at the brink of the digital age, like machine learning and AI. CodeMeter users had already been able to protect precompiled, platform-dependent Python applications, but the new AxProtector Python brings its encryption and protection capabilities to Python code itself, keeping it platform-independent. Additionally this new technology increases the protection by leveraging the encryption on method level and introducing an on-demand decryption of the protected methods during runtime.
- Wibu-Systems is a believer in long-term availability, as shown in the new Customer Licensing Adapter (CLA), an extension to CodeMeter License Central that allows developers to facilitate the switch from established or proprietary licensing systems to the comfort of CodeMeter, simply by slotting the CLA into the process.
- Wibu-Systems expands its cloud offerings with CmCloudContainers. Joining the popular protection hardware CmDongles and the lightweight and nimble CmActLicenses, CmCloudContainers combine the high level of protection of dongles with the portability and versatility of software containers for easier license deployment. With their new user-based binding system, the containers are securely linked to their users’ credentials.
- Wibu-Systems adds support for BlackBerry’s popular POSIX-compliant QNX® Neutrino® real-time operating system. As a favorite choice for embedded mission-critical systems in advanced fields ranging from medical technology to aeronautics and industrial automation, the RTOS was designed with reliability and economy in mind, making it a perfect match for CodeMeter Embedded, the dedicated solution bringing CodeMeter’s cryptographic and licensing capabilities to the embedded community.
- As a new member of SAP PartnerEdge, Wibu-Systems expands its partnership with SAP and develops a CodeMeter Connector that integrates with SAP Entitlement Management System. Built to streamline entitlement processes and facilitate the step from sales-to-fulfillment in a seamless manner, SAP Entitlement Management relies on CodeMeter License Central for the online or offline provision and management of the technical entitlements on a user’s device.
- With its SmartBind technology for virtual machines, Wibu-Systems addresses one of the perennial worries of software publishers: the reliable licensing of their products and IP in virtual environments that take away the certainty of a physical computing environment. Working perfectly with popular VM services like Amazon’s AWS or the increasingly popular Docker containers, CodeMeter’s binding technology is sophisticated enough to keep a license’s binding, even to a virtual machine, stable and secure.
- Launch of CodeMeter Certificate Vault, a hardware-based key storage provider for PKCS#11, Microsoft CNG, and OpenSSL certificates, designed to securely store and provide access to the keys for TLS certificates or OPC UA instances. Its ultimate mission of is to identify machines and human operators with absolute certainty. The new solution is also fully interoperable with all CodeMeter enabled license and entitlement workflows.
- Using licenses wherever, whenever, and however has become possible with CodeMeter Cloud, the fully rounded solution for licensing living entirely in the cloud. The infrastructure is characterized by extreme security, utmost scalability, high performance, complete interoperability, and maximum flexibility, and the underlying system provides uniform processes for both online and offline license management.
- With its new CmStick/D family, Wibu-Systems introduces a set of hardware secure elements equipped with the USB-C connector to keep up with the latest devices that are setting the market in motion. With a case that combines the sturdiness of metal and with customizable parts in plastic, this additional series includes units with MLC, pSLC, or no flash memory.
- With the CodeMeter Triple Mode Redundancy (TMR) Server architecture, server outages in networks are no longer a concern: licenses remain reliably accessible thanks to a solution that combines high availability, top performance, and uninterrupted access to licenses even during server maintenance.
- Protecting trial and demo software or enabling freemium models that can be expanded, enriched, and leveled up with in-app purchases is now possible with IP Protection, a dedicated module of CodeMeter Protection Suite that works without CodeMeter Runtime or CodeMeter Embedded. With IP Protection, licensing becomes an option, not a must.
- The fingerprinting of CmActLicenses was optimized with CodeMeter 6.90. A special fingerprint in Microsoft Azure virtual environments makes sure that CmActLicenses stay valid when the virtual machine is moved but becomes invalid when a clone is created. Reset detection for virtual machines has been refined, rendering CmActLicenses invalid, if a virtual machine is restored to an earlier state. Support for Docker containers has also been improved.
- AxProtector .NET comes with a new high-speed cache, which improves performance and security of the protected assemblies.
- CodeMeter Embedded now supports MIPS implementations, porting to ARM64 platforms, VxWorks SR 06x0 versions, and BlackBerry QNX 7.0.
- The hardware product lineup of Wibu-Systems continues to grow with a new product line, which includes not just the CmStick/BMC released at the end of 2017, but also CmStick/B and CmStick/BMI. All three devices, with their unmistakably robust and classy metal casing, meet the technical requirements for commercial (MLC flash memory) and OEM (pSLC flash memory) grades.
- CodeMeter is selected by Phoenix Contact as the best-in-class technology to streamline license and entitlement management of their PLCnext control system solution. The major reasons that drove the integration of CodeMeter into PC Worx Engineer were its support for different ERP implementations already in the field as well as the scalability and modularity of Wibu-Systems’ technology.
- CodeMeter successfully passes the enablement test for SGX, Intel's architecture extension designed to increase the security of application code and data. Currently available for Windows, CodeMeter uses SGX enclaves to keep the binding properties safe in memory during runtime and enable even better licensing and software protection.
- With the launch of CodeMeter Embedded 2.1, Wibu-Systems introduces a new structural and business model that allows intelligent device manufacturers to download an SDK specific to their operating system and architecture within 24 hours of their order.
- Wibu-Systems develops a password provider for Siemens’ Totally Integrated Automation Portal V14 SP1 or higher based on their Password API that allows all engineers employing the TIA Portal® to store and manage their TIA Portal passwords in a remarkably sophisticated secure hardware element, a CmDongle.
- CodeMeter Embedded 2.0 is the new breed of our runtime environment, supporting the complete array of platforms and operating systems that intelligent device manufacturers rely upon, including Intel x86, PPC, ARM, Windows, Linux, Android, VxWorks, and QNX. The modularity and scalability of CodeMeter Embedded 2.0 allows developers to integrate only the functionality they need for the smallest footprint possible.
- Blurry Box is a novel software protection scheme that uses seven published methods (creation, modification, and encryption of code variants, insertion of traps, decryption delays, choice of code variant, and state of the engine in the dongle). With such complexity, a would-be attacker would find it easier and less expensive to develop similar software from scratch than to hack the original software.
- CodeMeter Cloud Lite has opened the door to license management in the cloud, fully interoperable with traditional implementations. CodeMeter Cloud Lite enables developers to easily license their SaaS applications, standard PC software, or mobile apps via the cloud. The server interfaces directly with CodeMeter License Central for streamlined license and entitlement management.
- CmStick/BMC, the latest generation of our hardware elements for the secure licensing of digital know-how and the smallest model with flash memory available in the world market, has won third place at the 2017 Automation Awards. CmStick/BMC introduces innovative and miniaturized components in the architectural design, like SiP (System in Package), for an extremely compact, robust, and elegant layout.
- Starting with CodeMeter 6.10 and CodeMeter License Central 2.20, software vendors can define whether and for how long their users can transfer licenses offline, leaving users free to either use the license directly on the server or borrow the license temporarily and transfer it to their local CmContainer for up to the maximum timeframe allowed.
- The excellence of CmDongles with flash mass storage starts with its ingenious security design: all hardware secure elements equipped with NAND flash memory couple Infineon’s EAL5+ evaluated smart card chips with Hyperstone’s flash memory controllers, characterized by high quality and endurance standards, advanced flash memory management software, and long term component availability.
- The new CmASIC is recommended for small devices and embedded boards; among its innovative technical features, CodeMeter ASIC supports both USB and SPI communications, operates in environments subject to extreme temperature fluctuations (-40°C to +105°C), and is delivered in a 5x5 mm chip size VQFN-32 package.
- The ANSI C based OPC UA SDK from Unified Automation integrates CodeMeter Embedded technology and offers manufacturers in the automation industry a ready-to-use set of tools to incorporate software licensing and greater security features in OPC UA architectures. Symmetric and asymmetric encryption keys are securely stored in CmDongles, ensuring the identity of the devices and the confidentiality and integrity of data.
- Trusted Platform Modules add to the already vast array of hardware secure elements CodeMeter supports. The software runs only on the designated machine, device, or embedded system where the CmDongle is mounted (incl. USB dongles, memory cards, ASICs and TPMs) and provides the functionalities associated with the secure license, safe from any sort of hacking.
- Integration of CodeMeter with SAP to offer a unified workflow for license entitlement, data reporting, and analysis
- Support for Windows 10 offered immediately upon Microsoft’s release of the new platform to the public
- Addition of CodeMeter µEmbedded to the CodeMeter modular family to provide security for Field Programmable Gate Arrays and microcontrollers
- Expansion of the license hosting services to include the High Performance Edition and High Availability Package services
- Development of a third generation of CmDongles with a greater temperature range for industrial applications in harsh environments, EAL 5+ evaluation, and new features, including the Universal Firm Code
- Extended temperature range and latest security certificate support through the implementation of Infineon’s controllers
- CodeMeter Embedded, the new generation technology for the embedded world
- CodeMeter Protection Suite, a comprehensive platform for PC, PLC, and embedded systems
- Deep integration with VxWorks 7, resulting in a Wind River Security Profile and Wibu-Systems CodeMeter Security add-on
- Blurry Box®, the innovative cryptographic method from Wibu-Systems, FZI and KIT
- Support for Raspberry Pi achieved through a dedicated and preconfigured CodeMeter SDK
- CmCompact Runtime enhancements, integration in VxWorks EDK with code signing and integrity protection
- CmCompact Runtime QNX Support
- 2048 bit RSA key
- CmSticks in USB format, quick swap between HID and mass storage communication
- Support of CODESYS IEC61131 development environment
- Launch of the CmStick/C, the world's smallest USB CodeMeter stick
- Launch of the CmStick/T with an uninterruptible clock
- Larger license and data memory (384 KB), allowing up to 6,000 individually licensed functions
- CmCards in microSD, SD and CF format with up to 16 GB flash memory for industrial applications
- Support for embedded operating system e.g. Wind River's VxWorks
- Launch of CodeMeter License Central for generating, managing, and shipping licenses
- Flexible license borrowing for all combinations of dongles and CmActLicenses
- Launch of CmStick with rugged metal tamper-proof casing and optional laser engraving to custom specifications
- AxProtector for automatic software protection without changing the source code, for native code running on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux as well as Java and .NET, for CodeMeter and WibuKey in a protected application
- All WibuBoxes with 16 KB memory and FEAL-32 with 64 bit keys (export restrictions loosened, compatible with V1 from 1989 and V2 from 1990)
- CmStick wins iF Design Award
- First CmStick/M, dongle with flash disk
- Launch of CodeMeter with groundbreaking features:
- Highest level security with smart card chips at its heart
- Use of AES-128, ECC-224, RSA-1024, SHA-256 standard encryption methods, all usable via API
- Large 64 KB license and data memory, space for more than 1,000 individually licensed functions
- Internal tamper-proof clock in the CodeMeter dongle
- Driverless: Mass storage communication used
- Firmware update possible i.e. customer has access to revisions and new functions without sending in hardware
- Development tools simultaneously support WibuKey and CodeMeter
- New award-winning WibuBox/P housing
- Encryption of individual functions (AXAN, known today as IxProtector)
- WibuKey with serial interface and available as a plug-in card
- Automatic protection of Windows and DOS applications without modifications to the source code
- WibuKey dongles with FEAL algorithm from NTT in Japan, backwards compatible with V1 from 1989
- 4 billion different encryptions per license entry