World IoT Day – Security of Connected Devices
IoT Day takes place each year on April 9th to celebrate and promote the Internet of Things.
The Industrial Internet Consortium is hosting a Virtual Summit that brings together short and incisive keynotes and interviews with industry experts. This will give further impulse to companies for collaborating, sharing advice, discussing best practices, and thinking about how to use this technology for a better world.
Join us for the IIC Virtual Summit on World IoT Day, learn how to apply some of the fundamental technologies, and advance the Industrial IoT.
Below is an outline of the contributors to the Virtual Summit:
- Dr. Richard Soley, Executive Director of the IIC, presents an overview of the IIC and its future, from testbeds to results.
- Pieter van Schalkwyk, CEO of XMPro, discusses “Interoperability: The Holy Grail for the IIoT".
- Nisarg Desai, Product Manager, Internet Group, GMO GlobalSign, and Willow Noonan, Head of IoT R&D, GlobalSign, decode “The Blockchain for the Internet of Things”.
- Stan Schneider, CEO of RTI, shares “Practical Connectivity in IoT Communications”.
- Dan Isaacs, Director, Connected Systems, Xilinx, looks at the importance of “Advancing the Intelligence of Factories through Machine Learning for Predictive Maintenance”.
- SAS Customer Panel - LIVE! from SAS Global Forum
- Marcellus Buchheit, President and CEO, Wibu-Systems USA, discusses the "Security of Connected Devices", 10.30 to 11.00 am CEST:
Your interconnected devices are only as strong as their weakest link. Choosing a connectivity solution without a robust security framework will leave your data and the system that supports it exposed and vulnerable. Fortunately, there are tools available that can help you address these challenges.
This talk discusses the benefits of applying the Industrial Internet Reference Architecture, the Industrial Internet Security Framework, and the Industrial Internet Connectivity Framework.
- Dan Isaacs from Xilinx will teach you how to "Power Up Your Smart Grid Security"