CodeMeter Monetizes the Business of Medical Device Manufacturers by Combining Cybersecurity with Flexible Software Licensing Models
Wibu-Systems, an innovative security technology leader in the global software licensing market, will showcase its CodeMeter medical device software protection and licensing platform at the Medical Device & Manufacturing West conference and exhibition, February 6 – 8, 2018 in Anaheim, CA, United States.
Wibu-Systems’ CodeMeter technology safeguards connected intelligent medical devices and embedded systems against the many potential vulnerabilities and security threats prevalent in today’s digital age. Employing sophisticated encryption and authentication mechanisms, CodeMeter protects against Intellectual Property theft, counterfeiting, reverse engineering and tampering; with its top-notch integrity mechanisms, it protects software, firmware, and sensitive data from malicious activities. CodeMeter also provides a secure and versatile licensing system that enables new business models such as on-demand software-driven feature activation, pay-per-use billing, and secure field upgrades. CodeMeter easily integrates with existing backoffice systems to automate license and entitlement management, thus reducing bottom line logistic and operational costs.
CodeMeter monetizes the IP of medical device manufacturers with an innovative, highly secure, and multi-purpose technology for software security and license management.
- Uniformity: one framework for multiple platforms that supports a plethora of license containers
- Comprehensiveness: one gateway to CRM, ERP, and e-commerce solutions
- Robustness: strong encryption that no hacking contest could break
- Simplicity: simple integration and transparent customization
- Uniqueness: one dongle for standalone and network scenarios available to multiple vendors at once
- Continuity: one patented technology “Made in Germany” for the global community since 1989
Leading global medical device manufacturers have incorporated CodeMeter into their products.
- Dentsply Sirona, the world’s largest manufacturer of professional dental solutions, employs CodeMeter to prevent reverse engineering of its proprietary software, safeguard its appliances from manipulation, and comply with directives from the MPG regulatory body. Additionally, CodeMeter’s flexible license management permits Sirona to customize their systems with software and license models that enable low entry-level prices for their customers.
- custo-med, a leader in the medical diagnostic field, uses CodeMeter to implement complex and dynamic licensing models, manage instrument access rights, protect their software against tampering, and enable traceability of the systems for regulatory compliance.
Company executives will be on hand for product demonstrations and discussion at the Wibu-Systems booth in Hall E, Booth 976, German Pavilion.
- press release 154 KB